We are so excited to welcome the Orca Swim Team back to the Y!
Swim lessons are great, and once you’ve mastered your strokes, it’s time to have some real fun! The Orca Swim Team is the perfect way to start competitive swimming. This developmental program not only helps swimmers with technique and endurance, but also gives participants the opportunity to set goals, work as a team, and helps them build good sportsmanship.
The South Sound YMCA is launching into the 2021 competitive swim season the first week in January. The season will go from January to June and will encompass only 2 groups/levels: Novice and Jr/Sr. Any swimmers who were participating in our “Intro to Swim Team” last season are welcome to try out for the Novice level. Novice for this 6-month season is geared for ages 8-12 and swimmers must be able to swim at least 100 yards of Freestyle and Backstroke with good form, as well as 50 yards of Breaststroke and Butterfly. They should also know how to do flip turns and racing dives. Jr/Sr is for any swimmer ages 10-17 who was in our Junior or Senior level in years past, and will be based on coach’s invitation.
Mondays and Fridays from 4:00 PM-4:45 PM as well as our Home Swim Meet on the last Saturday of each month from 2-3:45 PM
- *First day of practice will be Monday, January 4
Wednesdays from 4:00 PM-4:45 PM, Fridays from 5:00-5:45 PM and Saturdays from 2:00-3:45 PM
- *First day of practice will be Wednesday, January 6
HOME SWIM MEETS:
- Swim Meets will be held for the entire team (Novice and Jr/Sr) on the last Saturday of every month
- January 30, February 27, March 27, April 24, May 29, June 26
COST & REGISTRATION:
Swim Team will be a monthly program; you will need to register for each month you want to participate from January until June. You can pay for the entire 6 months at once, or set up scheduled payments to draft on any day of the month you choose. Registration will open on December 21st.
- Novice Team is $60 a month for those with Family Memberships and $88 a month for Youth and Program Members.
- Jr/Sr Team is $85 a month for those with Family Memberships and $112 a month for Youth and Program Members.
- Capacity is limited to 18 total swimmers in the pool at a time (3 per lane).
- All local protocols are being followed in regard to face coverings and sanitation in the pool area.
- One-way traffic in and out of the pool. Social distancing of 6 feet is required between groups on pool deck.