YMCA MEMBERS & PARTICIPANTS
FACILITY OR PROGRAM CLOSURES
Winter Youth Sports
Due to the cancellation of afterschool activities in our schools, we are cancelling all YMCA practices and games starting tonight, Thursday, March 12th at all facilities. There will be NO games this Saturday. We will not make up this final game. Currently our Spring Youth Sports season has not been impacted and we are planning on moving forward as planned. Full refunds will be issued if the program is canceled prior to the beginning of the season.
We are working closely with our school district and community partners to plan for emergency care in the event that schools close in our area. Depending on the specific scenario, solutions for families may include providing care at school facilities or community organizations such as churches and our YMCA. Access to care may be limited and will be offered first to our current Y Care families and healthcare providers/first responders in our area. It is likely that there will be a 1-3 day gap in service between the first day of school closures and the beginning of emergency care. Please plan accordingly.
We continue to follow the guidance of the CDC and Washington State Department of Health and will close facilities and cancel programs as advised to do so.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Visit the CDC’s website to learn ways you can prepare for when COVID-19 cases are confirmed in our area.
In the event that cases of COVID-19 are confirmed in our area, local health officials may recommend that schools and childcare sites be temporarily closed to prevent the spread of the illness. Please make plans for childcare in the event that closures take place.
The CDC recommends everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surface
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Center for Disease Control
- World Health Organization – Coronavirus Overview
- Washington State Department of Health – 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak
- Social Distancing and Quarantine: What you need to know