- This event has passed.
Briggs YMCA Healthy Kids Day
Apr 30th 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Join us April 30 for a day of healthy, fun activities that celebrate kids being kids!
Healthy Kids Day is a fun-filled day packed with activities and games that promote active minds and healthy bodies!
• Family-friendly activities
• Community resource fair
• Youth Sports and group exercise demos
• Aquatics activities
• Special offers on YMCA membership, programs, and camp registration, and more!
Healthy Kids Day is a free event open to the community that’s designed to inspire kids’ creativity, awaken their imaginations, and encourage them to stay active. Learn more online: southsoundymca.org/healthy-kids-day/
Pool Guidelines at the Briggs YMCA
- Swimsuits are to be worn at all times and cannot be transparent.
- Infants, toddlers, and those not toilet trained are to wear swim diapers under swimsuits. Disposable diapers are not allowed in the pool.
- All swimmers must bring their own swim attire, goggles (if they wish), and towel. The Y does not provide these items.
General Pool Rules
- All swimmers must rinse of head-to-toe in the shower prior to entering the pools. A swim cap may be worn instead of rinsing one’s hair.
- Chewing gum, food, or drinks (other than water) are NOT PERMITTED on the pool deck. All Glass containers are PROHIBITED in the Aquatic areas.
- Bandages, Band-Aids, and open wounds are not permitted in the pools.
- Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices are allowed into the pools.
- “Water Wings” are not acceptable due to safety concerns – punctures, deflation, sliding off arms, not designed to keep head above water, etc.
- Non-swimmers who use a flotation device must be within arm’s reach of their parent/guardian and must remain in the shallow end of the Main Pool or Activity Pool. One adult may supervise no more than two children.
- Horseplay of any kind is not permitted; this includes pushing, dunking, throwing of children, and riding on shoulders.
- Feet first jumping, without twisting, is allowed in the pool. Flips and backwards diving are NOT allowed.
- Diving is ONLY permitted in the DEEP END of the Main Pool.
- Use of pool toys (noodles, balls, and diving rings) may be restricted during busy swim times. Lifeguards have final authority over pool activities.
All children under the age of 14 must take the swim test if they wish to swim in the deep end of the Main Pool.
The child must tread water (using a combination of arms and legs) for 30 seconds; the swimmer’s body position must remain vertical.
After 30 seconds have been completed, they must swim freestyle for one length of the pool without stopping to rest/tread water. The face must be in the water (except to breathe) and the arms must clear the surface.
Those that do not pass the swim test must remain in the shallow end.
Healthy Kids Day 2022
The Main Pool will be open for Family Swim from 1:30-4:30pm. We encourage families to swim and enjoy the pool together during this time! Reminder- all pool rules will be strictly enforced, including rules about swim tests and floatation. Please check in with Lifeguards and designated staff members and volunteers with any questions.
The Activity Pool will also be open from 1:30-4:30pm, and will be used for organized activities, such as games, relay races and water volleyball. Aquatics staff and volunteers will be present to organize the activities and explain rules. A new activity will start every 30 minutes.
Families who wish to use the pools will need to sign up for a swim session when they arrive at the event. Each session will last for 30 minutes, and only one session per pool will be allowed.