HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED BECOMING A LIFEGUARD?
If so, there’s never been a better time to take one of our lifeguard certification classes offered at the YMCA. Becoming a lifeguard can not only open the door to new job opportunities, but it provides essential safety education that’s focused on preventing accidents in and around the water—and that’s good for everyone. YMCA and American Red Cross courses are designed to provide the participants with the knowledge and skills needed to be a lifeguard.
This course provides entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatics emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries, and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over.
DATES AND TIMES:
Friday, May 13th 6:30-8pm
Saturday, May 14th 8:15am-4pm (lunch break from 11:30-12:30pm)
Sunday, May 15th 8:15am-12:15pm
- Registration is required.
- Participants must be 15 years of age to take the class.
- Seven (7) hours of e-learning must be completed prior to the first day of the class.
- Cost is $200 for facility members, $260 for program members.
- Lifeguard certification is valid for 2 years.