GET FLASH ALERT
We’ll notify staff and parents of Y Care delays and closures through Flash Alert, a free service. Please register in advance of inclement weather to be sure you get the alerts you need when it’s time.
HOW TO SET UP
- Go to http://flashalert.net
- Click on Seattle on the map.
- Click on Organizations in the box on the left.
- Click on South Sound YMCA Child Care Services.
- Follow the prompts to set up your account.
After you have registered and set up the service, you will get an automatic text message and/or an email as information is posted.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER
If school is delayed or canceled this is what you can expect:
- If school delays, we close AM care completely.
- If school closes in the middle of the day, we do not open after-school care.
- If school is canceled for the day, we do not have Y Care.
- We do not offer refunds for inclement weather.
Please call your Y Care site prior to dropping off your child if you’re unsure of the status.
While we strive to send out timely alerts via Flash Alert, please also continue to pay attention to local radio, TV, and your district’s alerts on school closures and delays.