FACILITY GUIDELINES & FAQ
Page update: March 1, 2022
YMCA Mask Policy for all South Sound YMCA Facilities:
Beginning March 12, 2022, face coverings will no longer be required in South Sound YMCA facilities. This change is based on the Governor’s message on February 17th and is subject to any future local or statewide recommendations about masks in public spaces.
The Y remains committed to creating a safe environment for everyone. We ask members to remain diligent in cleaning and sanitizing their workout areas before and after each use.
We thank you for your continued adherence to this policy and respect for the safety and health of all members of our community.
For help understanding how masks should fit, we follow these guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Fit snugly against the sides of your face and don’t have gaps
- Completely cover your nose and mouth
- Have two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric
- Allow you to breathe without restriction
Please do not wear masks that:
- Have exhalation valves or vents because they allow virus particles to escape
- Are made of fabric that makes it hard to breathe, for example, vinyl
- Are intended for healthcare workers, including N95 respirators or surgical masks
If you wear a gaiter, please wear a gaiter with two layers or fold it to make two layers.
If you wear a face shield, please wear a mask as well. The CDC does not recommend using face shields as a substitute for masks and so they must be worn together in our facilities.
No, reservations will not be required for guests to use the pool.
Most of our classes do not require a reservation. There are some exceptions to specific cycling classes or special group exercise classes. Visit our classes and schedules page for full details.
No, reservations are no longer required for use of the weight room or cardio equipment.
Yes, Kids Zone! is back at South Sound YMCA facilities.
Reservations are not required - you may drop off and pick up your child during open hours.
As we continue to reopen in the coming months, we will be monitoring facility usage and regularly add additional hours, amenities, and programs.
Yes, as of July 5, 2021, all showers are available for guest use. Shower passes are available for purchase for $11.
Yes, as of June 14, 2021, lockers are available.
- Lockers are for day use only; no rentals or overnight use will be allowed