Safe Start Reopening
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
THE BRIGGS YMCA WILL OPEN ON JULY 1ST IF THURSTON COUNTY IS IN PHASE 3 BY THAT DATE.
YMCA facilities are included in Phase 3 of the Governor’s Safe Start Plan. We will begin opening facilities and programs in phases and only offer programs and amenities we can operate safely and in accordance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- STAY CONNECTED TO FIND OUT WHAT’S ON THE HORIZON!
As our Washington State and Thurston County regulations change, and our YMCA develops new systems and service delivery models, we will bring back additional programs and amenities.
- DOWNLOAD OUR NEW MOBILE APP!
To get announcements as we reopen programs.
- CHECK YOUR EMAIL
For information on significant milestones.
- STAY CONNECTED!
Find out how you can get the most up-to-date information and make our communication tools work for you!
PLEASE REVIEW THE INFORMATION BELOW TO HELP PLAN YOUR VISIT.
Hours of Operation
BRIGGS COMMUNITY YMCA
CLOSED FOR SANITIZING
- 10:00 AM–11:00 AM
- 2:00 PM–3:00 PM
MAIN POOL HOURS
- 7:00 AM–10:00 AM
- 4:00 PM–6:00 PM
ACTIVITY POOL HOURS
- 3:00 PM-6:00 PM
PLUM STREET YMCA
Is not open at this time.
FACILITY USE IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ONLY TO ACTIVE YMCA MEMBERS.
What to expect when you arrive
In order to limit contact, maintain appropriate physical distance, and reduce the spread of airborne illness, please be prepared for the following changes.
ARRIVE READY TO WORKOUT
- Please arrive wearing workout/swim attire.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your reservation to avoid waiting in line.
- There is no access to lockers, changing areas or showers at this time.
- Restroom facilities inside men’s and women’s locker rooms will be available.
- Swimmers, please see Pool Guidelines below for additional information regarding pool entrance and pre-swim showers.
Additional Entrances & Exits
BRIGGS COMMUNITY YMCA
- MAIN ENTRANCE will be used for those checking in for group exercise, pool, and Kids Zone (when open).
- WEST ENTRANCE (double doors next to the climbing wall) will be used for those checking in for cardio and strength areas.
- ALL EMERGENCY EXITS will be re-labeled and used as general facility exit points.
- CARDIO/STRENGTH AREAS
Open with some machines taken off line to limit capacity. Check-in may be required to manage area capacity. We do not currently require reservations. It is important that all members disinfect their equipment before and after use. Please review the area guidelines below prior to your visit.
- FAMILY RECREATIONAL SWIM
The Activity Pool is available by reservation only by members with Active Family Memberships. Swimmers must all be part of the same family unit. Only one family will be able to access the pool at a time. Families can reserve the pool for a 45-minute block. There is a $20 reservation fee associated with this activity. Please review the area guidelines below prior to your visit.
- OPEN & AVAILABLE BY RESERVATION
In order to comply with spacing and capacity guidelines, the following programs will be limited in capacity and available by reservation only. To reserve your space in any class, simply click the link below or access through our new South Sound YMCA app. There is no fee to register for the classes/programs below. Please review the area guidelines below prior to your visit.
- Conference Room
- Climbing Wall
- Hot tub
- Kids Zone!
- Locker Room: changing areas, lockers and showers
- Multipurpose Room (Yoga Studio)
- Martial Arts
- Master Swim
- Pick-up Basketball
- Swim Lessons
- Swim Team
- Youth Sports
Prior to your visit, please review the guidelines specific to the facility area you plan to use. These guides are updated as procedures change and new programs and classes are available. Please review regularly to stay up to date and know what to expect prior to visiting.