- This event has passed.
Nov 29th 2021 @ 8:00 am - Dec 20th 2021 @ 5:00 pm
This year the South Sound YMCA will be participating in our much anticipated Giving Tree and we invite YOU to help make this a cheerful holiday season for families in our community.
We will erect our giving tree, in all its bright glory, in the lobby at the Briggs YMCA and the Shelton Family YMCA starting November 29th. We will have tags available for members and guests to grab and take home that will guide your shopping towards items that are much needed in our community.
Wish lists have been created on Amazon, Walmart and Target web pages. These wish lists are titled YMCA giving tree and you will be able to scroll through these lists, find the gifts that you would like to purchase and donate, and opt to have the package mailed directly to the Family Support Center located downtown Olympia. Those gifts will then be distributed directly to families and community members. You can do all of this from the safety and comfort of your own home and know deep in your heart that you, too, have made a difference for a family this year.
If you want to help make a difference in our community today, here are some of the ways you can help spread kindness and joy.
- Come to your local South Sound YMCA and collect a tag to help direct your shopping.
- Please include the tag from the Giving Tree with your donation for easy distribution.
- All donated gifts must be new and unused.
- All in person donations can be dropped off at the Briggs YMCA during our current operating hours.
- In person donations must be returned to the Briggs YMCA or the Shelton Family YMCA no later than December 20.
- Donations dropped off at the Shelton Family YMCA will be distributed to local community partners who will distribute donations to families in Mason County.
- Online donations: Visit these links from Target and Amazon to find our wish lists. You may pick the gift you wish to purchase and have it shipped directly to the Family Support Center at 3545 7th ave SW Olympia 98502.