CHILDCARE DURING SCHOOL CLOSURES
Starting on Tuesday, March 17 we will operate full-day childcare programs at a limited number of sites in our service area. Please pay close attention to the details below as some of this information differs from regular Y Care operations.
Full-day care is open to all members of the community. Priority will be given to current Y Care families, healthcare workers, and 1st responders.
- Tumwater School District
– Peter G. Schmidt
– Michael T. Simmons
- North Thurston School District
– Chambers Prairie
– Olympic View
- Olympia School District
- Yelm School District
- Tumwater School District
- Childcare Refunds
If you are currently registered for Y Care and DO NOT register for full-day care during school closures, a refund will be issued to your account for payments covering the second half of March. Refunds will be processed before the end of March.
- Hours of Operation: 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Participation Requirements: Students in grades K-5 from all school districts are welcome.
- Food Service: Each local school district will provide lunch for all children during school closures. Children will be responsible for snacks during the day.
- Payment & Fees: $185/week Program Members | $175/week Facility Members
Payment is due one week prior to the start of care, or at the time of registration. Registration is available for one-week sessions of fulltime care.
- Registration: Registration for full-day childcare during school closures is now open on our website. For registration assistance please contact Andrew Murrow or call 360-918-0400.
- Financial Assistance
If you already receive financial assistance for childcare programs in our YMCA, the appropriate discount will be applied during registration.
- DSHS Subsidy
If you currently receive DSHS subsidy for childcare, please look for an additional email with specific instructions regarding your registration.
- Healthcare workers & 1st responders
If you currently work in one of these categories, you will qualify for FREE childcare. Please register as usual for your first week of care and indicate in the registration process that you are a healthcare worker or 1st Your first week will be refunded no additional fees will be applied to your care.
A PLACE TO BELONG
Y Care before-and after-school programs serve children from age 5-12 in an enriching child-focused, child-directed environment that promotes the exploration of their interests and talents. The Y focuses programming on research-based approaches to social-emotional growth and development in children. Our programs work closely with area school districts to support children’s achievement.
For more information, including pricing and locations, please see our Y Care Guide.
Following your online registration, please fill out the electronic Immunization Record for each child and email to Andrew Murrow. This is a required step in the registration process and is mandated by the Washington State Department of Early Learning.